8. When your friends talked about their brand new pets, you had a sense of detachment from the excitement of it all.
9. Eventually you tried to think of the positive side of being a non-pet owner.
10. For one, you didn’t have to clean up poop.
11. And you also didn’t have to worry about another living being when you went away for extended periods of time.
12. And your only priority was making sure you washed yourself, and not a smelly, dirty dog.
13. On the downside, you missed out on some weird, furry experience of unconditional love that only a puppy or kitten can bring.
14. And that may have turned you a teeny bit selfish.