1. When you need to call in backup:
2. When they’re your go-to person when you’re about to make a mistake:
3. When you’re feeling socially awkward:
4. When you have no shame:
5. When they call you out on your shit (literally):
6. When they’re the only person that gets you:
7. When you’re both drunk idiots:
1. Friends premiered in September of 1994, over 21 goddamn years ago.
2. Tom Selleck was 51 years old when he first appeared on Friends as Richard Burke. Courtney Cox is currently the same age.
3. Here’s how old all of the cast members were when the series premiered versus now.
4. Cole Sprouse, the actor who played Ben in later seasons, celebrated his 23rd birthday this past August.
5. Making him only two years younger than Jennifer Aniston and Mathew Perry were when the series first debuted.
6. The year Friends premiered the best-selling toys of the holiday season were these Power Rangers action figures.
7. Friends was well into its second season when “The Macarena” became a worldwide hit.
1. You get carded, and your first instinct is, “AWESOME.”
2. Instead of drunken party photos, your Facebook friends are all about the baby pics.
3. …and marathon times.
4. You get super excited when you go to a concert and there are SEATS.
5. You start a story with “when I was in college” and realize that was 10 years ago.
6. When you watch teen movies/TV shows, you find yourself siding more with the parents than the kids.
1. You pride yourself on being really good at cheering people up when they’re sad.
2. You brag about your friends’ achievements like a proud mum would.
3. Your friends regularly go to you for advice.
4. And you’ve been known to be an awesome listener.
5. You somehow have the cure for any ailment your friends are suffering from.
6. No matter how drunk you get, you’re still the responsible one who makes sure everyone’s OK.