1. When you were younger you definitely begged your parents for a pet of some sort.
2. But due to different life circumstances, it just never seem to be the right “timing”.
3. For example, they’d be like, “sorry we couldn’t give you a puppy this Christmas, but next winter you’ll have a new little sister!”
4. And then when your birthday rolled around, all they did was give you a stuffed animal.
5. So it kinda ended up one of two ways for you and your family…
6. …you either got super excited when you went to someone else’s house and they had a pet…
7. …or you spent most of your time slightly terrified of them, because you weren’t raised to handle that exact situation.
1. When your friends just didn’t understand you:
2. When the ratios in your world felt all wrong:
3. When your father let you down in the worst way:
4. When you accepted you might never be over The Breakup:
5. When you were so fucking done with people who generalised the genre of your favourite band:
6. When your wardrobe betrayed you:
7. When you had to take a breath halfway through the track name:
1. Weeknight dates are out of the question.
2. And you’re probably not going to get them to stay up past 10pm.
3. Because they have to be up seriously early for school the next day.
4. So their idea of a lie-in is sleeping till 7am on the weekends.
5. Most of your Friday night dates probably involve getting pizza and them doing marking while falling asleep in front of the TV.
6. So you really look forward to the school holidays.
If you are a nineties kid, this piece of nostalgia is all set to make you crave for those days again. Can’t we just bring that good old time back? If only Time Turners were real!
1. Running your fingers through a freshly opened pack of Gak:
2. Getting the ONE Happy Meal toy you actually wanted:
3. Perfectly balancing the bird toy on your fingertip and thinking it was magic:
4. Getting the future you WANTED while playing cootie catcher:
5. Sitting back and watching this magical prehistoric series over-and-over:
6. Cracking a Wonder Ball to find the hidden treasure inside:
Exploding Unicorn — aka James Breakwell — has developed a sizable Twitter following by (over)sharing his off-kilter life as the father of four daughters. He keeps posting hilarious conversations between him and his daughters on twitter