1. When you were younger you definitely begged your parents for a pet of some sort.
2. But due to different life circumstances, it just never seem to be the right “timing”.
3. For example, they’d be like, “sorry we couldn’t give you a puppy this Christmas, but next winter you’ll have a new little sister!”
4. And then when your birthday rolled around, all they did was give you a stuffed animal.
5. So it kinda ended up one of two ways for you and your family…
6. …you either got super excited when you went to someone else’s house and they had a pet…
7. …or you spent most of your time slightly terrified of them, because you weren’t raised to handle that exact situation.
Single and ready to mingle? Well then boo-hoo! Being single is so not the way to go. But at times it is good to sit back, laugh out loud and embrace the struggle. Of course, without a ring on your finger!
1. When you feel personally attacked by a barrage of Facebook updates:
2. When there is way too much love in the air:
3. When Feb. 14 is pretty much always a nightmare date for you:
4. When you feel like you’re the only one not in a relationship:
5. When grandma is ROASTING you about your dating life:
6. And this is what you REALLY want to respond with, but you have to hold your tongue:
It sucks, let me tell you. It totally does! It is so much better being the younger one. But nooooo! Nature decides to put you at the top of the lot. Oh the torture!
1. When you were forced to share a toy, but you made sure your younger siblings could barely get their hands on it:
2. When your youngest sibling would make THIS face after committing the Crime of the Century, which your parents would inevitably pin on you:
3. When your parents would have you babysit your siblings and you’d immediately make sure they knew of your AUTHORITY:
4. When you discovered that your sibling snooped through your things when you weren’t home:
5. When you made this face after a younger sibling started crying mid-horseplay:
6. When you shared a room growing up and tried to assert your authority, but they were having none of it:
Moms are love but we all know how it is like with old-school, no-nonsense mommies! From their “Where Are You” messages to unlimited miss calls, they are zero fun. All those young souls who grew up with a strict mother will find these situations really relatable.
1. When you ask “Can I…” and before you can even finish your sentence, your mom says an emphatic “NO!”
2. When your friends don’t really know how your mom works:
3. When getting called home by your mom feels like a Shakespearean tragedy:
4. When your mom comes into your room and thinks she’s going to catch you red-handed:
5. When you’re dating someone and they think they’re going to get to meet your mom:
6. When you were enjoying some peace and quiet alone at home and then this happens:
7. When you check your texts and it feels like the apocalypse:
1. Getting a decent photo together can be difficult.
Every single time. The trials and tribulations of getting a selfie with your 6'4" boyfriend. pic.twitter.com/uUqepjyu9W
— Gyan Yankovich (@GyanYankovich) April 7, 2015
Double that struggle if you want to crop to square.
2. Buying your boyfriend clothing is totally out of the question.
3. Being the big spoon can be tough…
4. “He’s so tall!”
5. They literally can’t hear you what you say 99% of the time.
6. Hugs are either uplifting or totally crushing.
The same goes for kisses and neck nuzzles.
7. When they put away the groceries and you have to starve until they get home to help you.
“DID YOU HONESTLY THINK I WOULD BE ABLE TO REACH THIS?!”