Tag Archives: Tennessee

A woman almost dies after going to pick up a banknote laced with a mystery substance

A woman described her scary experience about how she picked up some cash she had found on the floor before abruptly collapsing, thinking she was going to die. Picking up the $1 note, Renee Parsons nearly instantly collapsed to the ground. She grasped Justin’s arm when they were together. His lips turned numb, and not long after that, he broke out in a rash where she had touched him.

On Sunday, July 10, Kentucky resident Renee Parsons reported that shortly after picking up the note outside a McDonald’s on Highway 70 in Bellevue, Tennessee, she fell ill.

Writing on Facebook, she said: “We stopped at McDonald’s and while I stand with my 3-month-old baby, and wait for my husband so I could go to the bathroom, I see a dollar bill on the ground.

“Thinking absolutely nothing of it – I picked it up. Holding it in my hand I look around and contemplate giving it to the little girl I saw.

“Right then my husband comes out of the bathroom and I throw the dollar in my pocket, hand him the baby, run to the bathroom.”

But Shortly after picking it up, Parsons said she began to experience numbness all over her body while she was driving with her husband, Justin, and children through Nashville.

“I felt I was dying,” she told WKRN. “I couldn’t even breathe. It’s almost a burning sensation if you will, that starts at your shoulders and just goes down (the body)”.

After feeling like she was going to lose consciousness, Parsons said she clung to her husband Justin “with the same hand that I had the money in” and said: “‘Justin, please help me, it won’t stop, it’s getting worse’.”

Her husband also began experiencing the same symptoms and said: “My lips started going numb and I had my arm broke out in a rash”.

Prior to the terrifying event, Parsons posted on Facebook that she had told her husband about the lucky dollar she had found. Then she recalled him warning her not to pick up cash off the ground because it has been used to make fentanyl.

“Then I grabbed a wipe to wipe off my hands [because] I remembered him telling me not to pick up money off the ground as people have been putting it in fentanyl,” she said. “As he began to somewhat lecture me it hit me like a ton of bricks.”

Eventually, the couple was transferred to a local hospital, where Jason was released after one hour and Renee was released after four.

The physicians determined that the episode was a case of “accidental” drug overdose, and Parsons reported that a police officer claimed the dollar bill had “likely been used to cut or store drugs” like fentanyl, though this is still unproven.

Woman Hospitalised And Nearly Died After Picking Up A Dollar Bill She Found  On The Ground | The Owl News

“The mixture of my wet hands and the alcohol from the wipes, mixed with my bodies reaction to that drug could of cost me my life,” she wrote on Facebook. “God has other plans for me and thankfully I’m able to reflect upon and laugh at just how BLESSED I am to have my husband, who drove like my life depended upon it.”

Nevertheless, the New York Post notes that some specialists have now expressed their skepticism over the family’s OD explanation, despite Renee’s assertions.

According to a Metro Nashville police officer, Parsons clearly wasn’t exposed to fentanyl because she didn’t need Narcan to be revived. Furthermore, according to the officer who was dispatched to the ER in reaction to the event, initial examinations on Renee’s body did not find any evidence of drug use.

I picked up a dollar on the ground — and nearly died | BitLive

Dr. Rebecca Donald, a fentanyl expert at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, also told News 4: “I think it is really unlikely the substance this lady got into her system is fentanyl based on the symptoms she had.”

“I just want people to know because it could’ve been a child”, Parsons said. She also alerted users on her social media page that the moral of the story is whether it’s a “$20 bill or a $100 bill do not touch it!!!”

Source: vt.co